Best Blanket for Elderly: Review & Buying Guide
There are several reasons why it is important to buy the best blanket for the elderly.
First, as people age, they are more likely to feel cold. A good blanket will help keep an older person warm and comfortable.
Second, seniors are more likely to suffer from conditions such as arthritis, and respiratory and circulatory problems, which can be exacerbated by cold weather. Cozy blankets for winter can help protect an older person from these health risks.
Finally, older adults often have difficulty sleeping. A comfortable blanket can help provide a sense of comfort and security that can improve sleep quality.
This guide will help you to choose the best blanket for seniors.
- 1 Top 6 Best Blankets for Elderly – Reviewed
- 1.1 1. LOMAO Sherpa Fleece Blanket Fuzzy Soft – Top Pick
- 1.2 2. Kingole Flannel Fleece Microfiber Throw Blanket – Runner-Up
- 1.3 3. Quility Weighted Blanket with Soft Cover – Premium Pick
- 1.4 4. Downluxe Weighted Blanket
- 1.5 5. Beautyrest Fleece Electric Blanket Heated Throw Wrap
- 1.6 6. Greenland Home Watercolor Dream Throw Blanket
- 2 Buyer’s Guide for Best Blankets for Seniors
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Bottom Line
Top 6 Best Blankets for Elderly – Reviewed
- LOMAO Sherpa Fleece Blanket Fuzzy Soft – Top Pick
- Kingole Flannel Fleece Microfiber Throw Blanket – Runner-Up
- Quility Weighted Blanket with Soft Cover – Premium Pick
- Downluxe Weighted Blanket
- Beautyrest Fleece Electric Blanket Heated Throw Wrap
- Greenland Home Watercolor Dream Throw Blanket
It is important to know what type of blanket is best for an older person. There are many different types of blankets on the market, and to make it easier for you to choose the right one, the best blankets for the elderly are reviewed in detail below.
1. LOMAO Sherpa Fleece Blanket Fuzzy Soft – Top Pick
Looking for a cozy and comfortable blanket that will keep you warm all winter long? Look no further than the LOMAO Sherpa Fleece Blanket.
This luxurious and elegant blanket is made of high-grade fleece and sherpa and features a classy design that is perfect for any occasion. The dual-sided construction offers both a coral fleece Jacquard face and a Sherpa fleece reverse, providing you with different senses of softness to improve your sleeping quality.
The machine-washable blanket is also perfect for taking on camping trips or picnics.
So if you’re looking for a blanket that will keep you warm and cozy all winter long, the LOMAO Sherpa Fleece Blanket is a perfect choice.
- Super soft and cozy;
- Warm and comfortable;
- Versatile and perfect for any occasion;
- Machine washable.
- May be too warm for some people;
- May be difficult to clean if not machine washable.
2. Kingole Flannel Fleece Microfiber Throw Blanket – Runner-Up
Kingole Flannel Fleece Microfiber Throw Blanket is a cozy and stylish blanket that is perfect for any season.
Made of 100% premium microfiber polyester, it is super soft, plush, and lightweight yet durable. It is available in four sizes: Throw/Travel (50″x60″), Twin (66″x90″), Queen (90″x90″), and King (108″x90″). It is easy to care for and maintain and is shrink resistant, anti-fade, and anti-pilling.
- Super soft and durable construction;
- Suitable for all seasons;
- Available in 4 sizes;
- Classy and cozy;
- Easy care and maintenance;
- Shrink resistant;
- May be too lightweight for some people;
- Made of polyester.
3. Quility Weighted Blanket with Soft Cover – Premium Pick
Quility Weighted Blanket with Soft Cover is a high-quality, durable blanket that is perfect for those who suffer from a restless sleep.
The weighted micro glass beads evenly distribute pressure, ensuring the weight stays balanced for your comfort and tranquility. The soft pressure of the weighted micro glass beads reduces the need to toss and turn, promoting relaxation.
The blanket is available in a variety of sizes to suit your needs.
- Made of high-quality, durable materials;
- Distributes pressure evenly;
- Helps you to relax;
- Reduces the amount of toppling and turning;
- Evokes a sense of security.
- May be too heavy for some people;
- May be too warm for some people.
4. Downluxe Weighted Blanket
The Downluxe Weighted Blanket is a cozy and comfortable blanket that is perfect for improving sleep quality and relieving stress.
This blanket has a seven-layer design that includes a cozy outer shell, polyester padding to prevent glass beads from leaking, and a microfiber filling to ensure you won’t feel the glass beads through all that fabric.
The heavy glass balls are stuffed in the middle and make no noise. This blanket also has an exquisite straight stripe jacquard design craftsmanship with 3-inch satin binding. Downluxe Weighted Blanket is available in king size and the total weight of the blanket is 18 pounds.
- Calming and relaxing;
- Improves sleep quality;
- Relieves stress.
- Some people may need time to get used to it;
- It is recommended to use a duvet cover to keep the blanket clean.
5. Beautyrest Fleece Electric Blanket Heated Throw Wrap
Beautyrest Fleece Electric Blanket Heated Throw Wrap is a cozy and comfortable way to stay warm this winter.
This heated blanket features state-of-the-art Secure Comfort heating technology, which adjusts the blanket’s temperature based on the overall temperature, seat temperature, and ambient room temperature, providing a constant flow of heat.
This unique technology also emits virtually no electromagnetic field, so you can feel free to get comfortable. The electric blanket throw also features 3 heat levels to find your comfort zone, as well as a pre-heating feature that allows the throw to be snuggly warm before crawling into the covers.
The electric throw blanket is also machine washable, just unplug the controller and toss it in the washing machine.
Beautyrest Fleece Electric Blanket Heated Throw Wrap is 60″ x 50″ long, making it the perfect size for snuggling up on the couch or in your office.
- The new technology provides a consistent flow of warmth;
- 3 Heat levels allow for finding a comfort zone;
- Pre-heating feature;
- Electric bill savings;
- Compatible with smart home outlet and automatic timer;
- 5-Year limited warranty;
- Machine washable.
- It is only available in one size.
6. Greenland Home Watercolor Dream Throw Blanket
The Greenland Home Watercolor Dream Throw Blanket is a beautiful and stylish addition to any home decor. The sprouts of color and stenciled flower illustrations on the gray ground add a touch of elegance to any room. The reverse side is a solid color turquoise, providing two looks in one.
The throw blanket is made of prewashed and preshrunk 100% cotton face and back with 100% cotton fill. It is machine quilted with fabric stitching on the edges for durability and an interesting surface. The dimensions are 50×60 inches (+/-2 inches).
- Bright and stylish design;
- 100 Percent cotton;
- Machine wash.
- Presented in a narrow range of sizes;
- Not suitable for all designs.
Buyer’s Guide for Best Blankets for Seniors
If you are looking for a cozy and comfortable blanket for an elderly loved one, this guide will help you choose the best option. There are many factors to consider when selecting a blanket for an elderly person.
Size: A blanket should be large enough to cover the person from head to toe, without being so large that it is cumbersome.
Weight: A heavier blanket will be more comforting and provide more warmth, but a light blanket may be more appropriate for someone who is bedridden or has difficulty moving.
Material: A blanket can be made from a variety of materials, including wool, cotton, fleece, or synthetic fibers. Each type of material has different benefits, so it is important to choose one that will be comfortable for the person to use.
Care: Some blankets require special care, such as hand-washing or dry-cleaning, while others can be machine-washed. Be sure to choose a blanket that can be easily cared for.
Price: Blankets range in price from affordable to luxurious. Choose the best option based on your budget.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you will be able to select the best blanket for an elderly loved one.
What is the best blanket for the elderly?
There are many types of blankets that can be beneficial for the elderly.
The best blanket for the elderly is one that is soft and warm. It should be made of a material that is comfortable for people with sensitive skin, and it should be large enough to cover the person completely.
Also, the blanket should be machine-washable and dryer-safe.
One type of blanket that can be especially beneficial is an electric blanket. Warming blankets for the elderly can provide warmth and comfort, and can also help to ease pain and promote healing.
Another type of blanket that can be beneficial for the elderly is a weighted blanket. Weighted blankets can help to provide a sense of security and comfort.
Features to consider when buying the best blanket for the elderly
When considering the best blanket for the elderly, it is important to consider the following features:
- The material of the blanket. It is important to take into account the material from which the blanket is made. Some materials can be quite scratchy and uncomfortable for elderly skin. It is important to find a blanket made from a soft material such as cotton.
- The weight of the blanket. It is best to choose a blanket that is not too heavy and not too light. A blanket that is too heavy can cause discomfort, while a blanket that is too light may not provide enough warmth.
- The size of the blanket. It is also important to consider the size of the blanket. An elderly person may have difficulty using a blanket that is too large or too small. It is important to find a blanket that is the right size for the user.
- The price of the blanket. Finally, it is important to take into account the price of the blanket. Some blankets can be quite expensive, but it is important to find one that is affordable. There are many blankets available at a variety of price points, so it is important to find one that fits the budget.
You should also make sure that the blanket is easy to care for.
Features of choosing the best warm blanket for the elderly
There are a few features to look for when choosing the best warm blanket for the elderly.
Firstly, it is important to choose a blanket that is made from a material that will keep the person warm. Wool is a good choice for this, as it is a natural material that is both breathable and insulating.
Secondly, it is important to choose a blanket that is the right size for the person. A blanket that is too small will not be effective, and a blanket that is too large may be cumbersome.
Thirdly, it is important to choose a blanket that is easy to care for. A machine-washable blanket is a good choice, as it can be easily cleaned.
Finally, it is important to choose a blanket that is comfortable to use.
A soft and cozy blanket is a good choice, as it will be gentle on the skin and will not cause any discomfort.
How to take care of a blanket for the elderly?
How to take care of a blanket for the elderly:
- Wash the blanket regularly in order to keep it clean and free of any potential bacteria or allergens.
- If the blanket is made of a delicate fabric, take extra care when washing it to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Inspect the blanket regularly for any signs of wear and tear, and repair or replace it if necessary.
- Store the blanket in a dry and well-ventilated place when not in use to prevent it from developing musty odors.
What size are lap blankets for seniors?
Lap blankets for seniors are typically 30 inches by 39 inches, although they can vary in size. These blankets are designed to cover the lap and legs, providing warmth and protection from the cold. Lap blankets are usually lightweight, making them easy to carry and use.
Are weighted blankets safe for the elderly?
Yes, weighted blankets are generally safe for the elderly as long as they are not too heavy and do not cover the face. However, the infirm elderly should be careful when using weighted blankets as they may become trapped or injured if they are unable to remove the blanket.
What type of blanket keeps you the warmest?
There are a few different types of blankets that can keep you warm, but the best type of blanket for keeping you warm is a wool blanket. Wool blankets are made of natural fibers that are able to trap heat and keep you warm. The spaces between the fibers in a wool blanket act as a barrier to cold air, making it an excellent choice for keeping you warm.
Finding the right blanket for the elderly isn’t always easy. The elderly often have different needs than younger people when it comes to warmth and comfort, and many blankets on the market are not designed with them in mind.
Best blanket for elderly – Comparison table
|Blankets for Elderly||Material||Item Weight||Cleaning Method|
|LOMAO Sherpa Fleece Blanket Fuzzy Soft||Fleece||3.99 pounds||Machine washable|
|Kingole Flannel Fleece Microfiber Throw Blanket||Polyester||11.6 ounces||Machine washable|
|Quility Weighted Blanket with Soft Cover||Cotton||15 pounds||Machine washable|
|Downluxe Weighted Blanket||Polyester||18 pounds||Machine washable|
|Beautyrest Fleece Electric Blanket Heated Throw Wrap||Fleece, Fabric||2.82 Pounds||Machine washable|
|Greenland Home Watercolor Dream Throw Blanket||Cotton||2.07 pounds||Machine washable|
We hope that our guide has helped you at least a little bit in your search for the best blanket for seniors. If you have any questions or additions to the above information, leave them below in the comments.
Last update on 2023-01-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API