Are you wondering what Mattress Firm does with old mattresses? You’re not alone. It is a question many people have asked and it is one that has a surprisingly simple answer. In this article, we will discuss what Mattress Firm does with old mattresses and how they help keep them out of landfills. We will also cover some other ways that mattress companies are helping to reduce waste and create a more sustainable future. By the end of this article, you’ll know exactly what Mattress Firm does with old mattresses and how it helps the environment.
Overview of Mattress Firm
Mattress Firm is one of the largest specialty mattress retailers in the United States, with more than 3,500 locations nationwide. Their mission is to be the most trusted and knowledgeable retailer, offering customers a wide selection of quality brands, competitive prices, and excellent customer service. It offers a variety of mattresses in all sizes, from twin-size to king-size, as well as adjustable foundations and mattress accessories. Delivery times vary depending on the location and availability of the product, but many customers report that their orders are delivered within three to five business days. Mattress Firm also offers a recycling program for old mattresses, so customers can rest assured that their old mattress will be disposed of responsibly and in an environmentally-friendly manner.
Mattress Firm is one of the largest mattress retailers in the United States, with more than 3,500 locations in 47 states. The company was founded in 1986 by Steve Fendrich and Larry Miller with the goal of providing customers with a wide variety of quality mattresses from top manufacturers. They have since grown to become the top mattress retailer in the country, offering a variety of mattress types, sizes, and brands for every budget. The company also provides a wide range of sleep accessories, such as pillows and sheets, as well as adjustable bases and bed frames.
Mattress Firm utilizes a variety of delivery options for customers who purchase new mattresses. Customers are able to choose from either a white glove delivery service, where the customer’s new mattress is brought into their home, set up and the old mattress is removed and disposed of. Or, customers can select a standard delivery service, where the new mattress is delivered to the customer’s door and the old mattress is not removed. Mattress recycling is available through both delivery services. During delivery, customers are provided with a bag to place the old mattress in if they would like the recycling service. The bag is then picked up by the delivery personnel and taken to a mattress recycling facility.
What Does Mattress Firm Do with Old Mattresses?
- Mattress Firm recycles old mattresses and box springs by breaking them down into its component parts.
- The foam, fabrics, metals, and other components are then separated for recycling.
- Mattress Firm partners with third-party recycling facilities that specialize in mattress recycling, who process the material to be used in new products.
- Mattress Firm donates mattresses in need to organizations such as homeless shelters, giving people the opportunity to have a comfortable place to sleep.
- The mattress company also donates mattresses to organizations that provide beds to families in need.
- In addition to these donations, Mattress Firm also provides mattresses to those in need through organizations such as the Salvation Army and Goodwill.
- Mattress Firm reuses old mattresses by refurbishing them and then reselling them to customers at a discounted price.
- The mattresses are re-covered, re-upholstered, and reconditioned to be sold as gently used mattresses.
- These mattresses are then inspected and given a warranty, ensuring that customers can purchase a mattress at a great price, while still having the assurance that it is of quality.
Mattress Firm offers mattress disposal services to help make mattress recycling and disposal easier than ever. The company will pick up your old mattress and box spring and safely dispose of it. Mattress Firm recycles the mattress, reducing the amount of waste that goes into the landfill.
When you purchase a new mattress from Mattress Firm, you can request a mattress disposal service for a fee. The company will pick up and recycle your old mattress and box spring. Mattress Firm also offers mattress disposal services for mattresses that are not purchased from the store. The price for this service is the same as for a new mattress purchase.
Recycling and Repurposing
Mattress Firm offers a convenient mattress recycling and repurposing program to customers. Mattresses that have reached the end of their life cycle are collected and taken to a mattress recycling facility. There, the mattresses are disassembled, and the materials are recycled and repurposed into other products. For example, foam is recycled into carpet padding, and steel is recycled into car parts. This helps to reduce the amount of waste going into landfills and helps conserve natural resources.
How Long Does Mattress Firm Take to Deliver?
Mattress Firm offers delivery services for all their products, and the delivery time depends on the product purchased and the delivery location. Generally, delivery is possible within 24-48 hours for customers located within the contiguous US, and can take up to 7-10 days for customers outside the contiguous US. Customers can opt for next day delivery or scheduled delivery, depending on their preference. Mattress Firm also offers in-home delivery services with a team of professional delivery personnel. For in-home delivery services, customers can expect delivery within 2-4 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are old mattresses collected?
Mattress Firm is committed to providing a convenient and safe way to collect used mattresses from customers. To achieve this, they offer two primary methods for mattress collection:
- In-Home Collection: Mattress Firm may be able to pick up your old mattress from your home. Contact them to determine if this service is available in your area.
- Store Drop-Off: You can also drop off your old mattress at your nearest Mattress Firm store. You will need to contact the store in advance to make sure they are accepting mattress drop-offs.
In either case, Mattress Firm will ensure that the mattress is recycled or disposed of responsibly. When you arrange for a mattress to be collected, you will be asked to sign a release of liability form. This form ensures that you understand that the mattress will be recycled or disposed of responsibly, and that you accept no further responsibility for it.
What Happens to the Mattresses Once They Have Been Collected?
Mattress Firm takes old mattresses and recycles them in an environmentally friendly way. The mattresses are first broken down and separated into component parts, such as:
These component parts are then recycled and reused in various ways. Foam is shredded and used for carpet padding, furniture cushioning, and other products. Wood is repurposed into wood chips and other wood products. Steel is recycled into new steel products. Textiles are recycled into new fabrics and insulation. In addition, some mattress components are used to create energy.
Are there any environmental benefits associated with mattress recycling?
Yes, mattress recycling has a range of environmental benefits, including reducing landfill waste, conserving resources and reducing water and air pollution. By recycling mattresses, the materials can be reused, meaning fewer resources are used in the manufacturing of new products. Additionally, mattress recycling helps to reduce air and water pollution, as the materials are not being burned or sent to landfills.
Does Mattress Firm Offer Any Incentives for Customers to Recycle Their Old Mattresses?
Yes! Mattress Firm offers customers several incentives for recycling their old mattresses. They include:
- Discounts – Customers can receive a discount on their purchase when they bring in an old mattress to be recycled.
- Free Pick-Up – Mattress Firm will pick up an old mattress from a customer’s home and take it away for recycling.
- Charitable Donations – Mattress Firm will donate the proceeds from mattress recycling to a charity of a customer’s choice.
These incentives make it easy for customers to do their part for the environment and help Mattress Firm reduce the amount of mattresses that end up in landfills.
Are there any restrictions on which types of mattresses Mattress Firm recycles?
Mattress Firm recycles all types of mattresses, regardless of condition or brand. However, they cannot accept mattresses with bed bugs, torn fabrics, or other hazardous materials. Additionally, all mattresses must be free of any identifying information such as names, addresses, or phone numbers.
Mattress Firm works to ensure that old mattresses are recycled or reused in order to reduce their environmental impact. They partner with organizations such as Bye Bye Mattress to properly recycle mattresses and with Good360 to donate them to those in need. This helps to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills and provide people with access to comfortable beds.