Best Pillow for Sleep Apnea Reviews: Brands to Consider
Everybody wants that nice smooth dream. Sleep apnea should not be the reason for you to be sleep-deprived. If you have difficulties breathing while asleep, then changing your pillow will be a good solution. You require a pillow that will give your head enough support and open your airways to decrease the breathing struggle. You do not have to worry anymore. The best pillow for sleep apnea will take away your worries of having sleepless nights.
My name is Catherine Rodgers, and I’m the creator of the blog. I am a well-informed therapist about sleep medicine. One of the things I would like to share with you is that the type of pillow you use greatly affects the quality of your sleep. Therefore, I have researched extensively about sleep apnea pillows, and today you will be able to know which one is best for you.
|1||Healthex Bed Wedge Pillow Cooling Gel Memory Foam…||$48.97 $41.97||Check on Amazon|
|2||Contour Products, CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow for Sleeping…||469 Reviews||$59.99||Check on Amazon|
|3||CPAP Pillow – Memory Foam Contour Design Reduces…||1,425 Reviews||$59.95||Check on Amazon|
|4||Mkicesky Side Sleeper Contour Memory Foam Pillow,…||1,996 Reviews||$53.99 $49.99||Check on Amazon|
|5||Lunderg CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers – Includes 2…||25 Reviews||$99.00 $59.95||Check on Amazon|
|6||Contour Products, CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow w. White case…||99 Reviews||$69.95||Check on Amazon|
|7||Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Wedge Pillow,…||1,416 Reviews||$37.99||Check on Amazon|
|8||Contour Products CPAP Pillow 2.0||$49.95||Check on Amazon|
|9||Contour Products, CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow w. Navy case…||53 Reviews||$69.95||Check on Amazon|
|10||TruContour CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers -…||$69.99 $44.99||Check on Amazon|
6 Best Pillows for Sleep Apnea – Choose Your Pillow Correctly
Here is my compilation of the most suitable pillows for sleep apnea to help you beat insomnia. Lacking is a very unpleasant feeling. Therefore, it is vital to make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing pillows for this diagnosis. Nonetheless, don’t make hurried decisions when buying a pillow for sleep apnea. Go through these comprehensive reviews that I specifically composed to assist you in selecting the best pillow for snoring and sleep apnea.
EnduriMed CPAP Comfort Pillow – Among Special Pillows for Sleep Apnea
Basic pillows might result in complications to people undergoing CPAP therapy. Most CPAP patients are side sleepers. Therefore, standard pillows can cause neck strains, and you may require more than one pillow for good support. It is thus important to buy a pillow that is compatible with your mask or CPAP machine to avoid discomfort. CPAP pillows come highly prescribed for individuals undergoing CPAP therapy.
- Helps to keep the airway open
- Provides a comfortable positioning of the head and neck to reduce snoring
- Allows sleeping in any position
- It is firmer, compared to other standard pillows
- Smaller than a standard pillow
- RELAX & REST EASY - High quality memory foam creates the best contour pillow design allowing your face and head to rest comfortably whether you sleep on your side, back, or stomach.
- PATENTED NEW DESIGN - You Spoke, We Listened! Rotate Our 2nd Generation Pillow For Ultimate Comfort. Our Patented design offers 2 Levels of Thickness & Comfort Means Whether You're Large Or Small, You'll have the perfect night's rest. US Patent Registration No. D856,707
- INVEST IN YOUR REST - Restless nights? No more! Wake Up Refreshed, Energized, and Sleep Easier! Other Pillows Wont Cut It!
Sleep Innovations Memory Foam – Side Sleeper Pillow for Sleep Apnea
It is considered the best cervical pillow for sleep apnea. The design and material of this pillow guarantee you a great sleep. Moreover, its alignment is according to the contours of your body. The memory foam prevents heat from building up and thus remains dry throughout your sleep. This reduces all health risks such as piling of dust or mold. Furthermore, the central part is concave to ensure proper positioning of the head. Therefore, this is the best sleep apnea pillow for side sleepers.
- Provides the best head and neck support to relieve you from back, neck, and shoulder pains
- The cover can easily be removed and cleaned
- Maintains its firmness longer, compared to other pillows on the market
- Has a strange smell when new, but it disappears after using the pillow for a couple of days
- ADVANCED NECK SUPPORT: Our contour pillow is specially designed to relieve neck and shoulder pain. Therapeutic support for all-night comfort, so you wake refreshed and ready to take on the day.
- MEMORY FOAM: The contour design of our memory foam pillow adapts to your head, neck and shoulders for the gentle alignment you need.
- COMFORT YOUR WAY: Choose between the higher or the lower contour for personalized comfort and support. Soft washable cover included.
Bed Wedge Fit Plus Pillow – The Best Pillow Wedges for Sleep Apnea
It is wise to get a fit plus premium Wedge pillow for sleep apnea. It is widely available and, thus, affordable. It consists of the high-level memory foam base, which enables it to curve close to the individual without loosening up. Wedge pillows for sleep apnea are the most appropriate for people who snore since it is an elevated pillow for sleep apnea. Average products cannot provide comfort as compared to fit plus premium pillow Wedge for sleep apnea. You can get the best Wedge pillow for sleep apnea on Amazon.
- Protects from frequent pains in your neck and shoulders
- The cover can be easily removed and washed
- Has a wide surface, thus, suitable for any sleeper
- Provides excellent air circulation thanks to its angled position
- Can be used even by pregnant women
- Best for back sleepers. However, it can be a bit uncomfortable if you prefer sleeping on the side
- HIGH-DENSITY MEMORY FOAM. This wedge pillow boasts 2 inches of memory foam situated on top of a premium-grade polyurethane foam base. Known for its therapeutic qualities and comfortable support, memory foam quickly molds to the contours of your shoulders, neck and head to furnish you with a comfortable, restful sleep.
- HEALTHY SLEEP. By supporting your upper back and shoulders, the bed wedge pillow promotes a better sleep position. As such, it can help relieve neck and back pain, acid reflux, snoring, allergies and other breathing issues.
- MULTIPURPOSE WEDGE PILLOW. The ergonomically shaped pillow improves your sleep posture, which can help prevent orthopedic health issues with your spine, neck and shoulders. Position the wedge upright while you watch TV or read in bed, or move it to the foot of the bed to elevate your legs and feet.
Visco Love Memory Foam Pillow – A Pillow for Sleep Apnea and Snoring
This pillow offers healthy relaxation. This is because there is maximum support of the neck short of any pressure that might be exerted to cause discomfort. Relaxation of the head neck and spine eliminates insomnia and restlessness, which can be caused by back pains or headaches. Additionally, it is made of memory foam, which inhibits heating and keeps one’s head cool during sleep. These pillows are affordable and available at Amazon.
- Can be formed to your liking
- Enhanced comfort thanks to contours
- Has a middle cut for allowing your neck to rest well
- The inner cover and zipper can be removed if you want to adjust the size
- It takes a while to adapt to it
- It is firmer than normal pillows
- Soft resilient 100 % visco-elastic memory foam. Reacts to heat and molds to the exact contours of the neck and shoulders.Our visco elastic pillows move according to heat and pressure, and eliminate the causes of pain by supporting the neck and shoulder muscles. Choosing the right pillow has substantial impact on comfortable and healthy sleep. The inadequate filling material in the ordinary pillows may cause head and neck pains. Choose the most appropriate pillow for yourself to enjoy your sleep.
- Hypoallergenic,Promotes the circulation of blood and lymph flows. Reduces pressure points and relieves stress, muscle and neck pains. Excellent thermal regulation by special air channels in the core.COLD CURE PRODUCTION SYSTEM IN SPECIAL MOULDS Our products are produced one by one in the especially designed moulds with open cell visco elastic material. The density of the material is kept in the mould with this mould system, thus the usage comfort and the life span of the product are increased.
- Healthy, Restful Sleep Your head, neck and shoulders are supported evenly at an environment without pressure, thus your pains at your joints and spine are eliminated.
Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillow – A Customizable Pillow for Sleep Apnea
It comprises of memory foam, and stretchable cover, so the firmness can be adjusted. The adjustments can be made by removing or adding the foam fill to attain a preferred density. The company assures a 20-year warranty, and thus, it is even easier to sleep without any worries of having to lose your pillow. The Snuggle-Pedic pillow is hypoallergenic, which implies that it doesn’t create room for dust mites or any other harmful materials that can be unsafe or cause a lack of sleep.
- Can be customized to a desirable size
- Keeps the head cool and enhances relaxed breathing
- The cover of the pillow is washable and takes little time to dry
- Relieves snoring
- Helpful to those using CPAP machines
- The sides are high, so it is not the best sleep apnea pillows for side sleepers
- Shredded Style Combination Pressure Relieving Memory Foam Pillow That NEVER GOES FLAT! Doctor Created To Provide Proper Postural Support and Pressure Relieving Technology That SELF-ADAPTS TO ANY POSITION AND KEEPS YOUR SPINE IN PROPER POSTURAL ALIGNMENT. Also Works Great With CPAP Machines. FULLY MACHINE WASHABLE PILLOW!
- Now With Zipper Removable Outer Cover To Allow For Easy Adjustment of Thickness and Comfort. Conforming Shape Orthopedically Supports the Neck For Side, Stomach, & Back Sleepers. Our Kool-Flow Soft and Luxurious, Extra Breathable Micro-Vented Cover Made In The U.S.A. with 43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 percent Polyester, .6 Percent Lycra KEEPS YOU COOL ALL NIGHT LONG!
- Making America's Best Pillows for over 18 Years, 2012 Audited and MADE IN USA CERTIFIED Bed Manufacturer Using Eco-Friendly Biogreen & Certipur-US Certified Foam.
Contour Products, CPAPMax 2.0 – Pillows for Side Sleepers with Sleep Apnea
The CPAP max 2.0 pillow has two comfortable sides and two adjustable heights. As well, it contains a fiberfill and the 3D Mesh Airflow Sides. The fiberfill side prevents the breeding of dust mites. The pillow doesn’t only focus on the outside part. Its interior is also designed for comfort as it has three layers that provide maximum support and good positioning advantages. The layers allow sleepers to adjust the pillows according to the desired heights. This customization ability makes them convenient for side and back sleepers.
- Supports the neck and head in any sleeping position
- Reduces marks on the face from a CPAP mask
- The 3D mesh reduces heat
- Holds a CPAP mask in position and prevents it from shifting
- May be too firm for some people
- MINIMIZE MASK LEAKS WITH PRESSURE FREE SIDE CUTOUTS – Reduce mask interference and help prevent your mask from shifting and moving throughout the night, allowing you to sleep in comfort with any type of mask.
- CHOOSE FROM 2 DIFFERENT SLEEPING SURFACES – Ventilated foam promotes air circulation, providing a cooler night’s sleep with the 3D Mesh Memory Foam side, or if you prefer a traditional pillow surface, simply flip your pillow over for plush support with our soft, hypoallergenic, fiber filled side.
- ULTIMATE ADJUSTABLE CPAP COMFORT – Three layer construction means this CPAP bed pillow provides users with optimal support & positioning benefits. The top layer memory foam portion cradles the contours of your face, a high resiliency middle layer provides added support for your neck and shoulders and the charcoal infused bottom layer neutralizes odors for freshness. These layers allow you to adjust your pillows height making it perfect for side, back and stomach sleepers.
FAQ about Pillows for Sleep Apnea
Those suffering from sleep apnea are curious about their condition and ways they can get the best assistance to attain a comfortable sleep. I receive very many questions in my line of career concerning this sleep disorder, and I try to reach out and offer professional answers to the questions asked about this subject.
Do these pillows help with sleep apnea?
Yes! They do work, and all your sleeping problems and discomforts will be eliminated.
What is sleep apnea?
It is a disorder whereby a person has trouble with breathing, which repeatedly stops and starts.
What should other consideration be made when purchasing sleep apnea pillows?
Another factor to put into consideration when buying a pillow includes design, shape, and type. In particular, some sleep apnea pillows are designed for use with CPAP machines, while others are made to position the spine well during your sleep.
Why is memory foam very important to my pillow?
It helps with spine alignment, thus providing a natural position by aligning your spine since the pillow folds itself according to the contours of your body.
How to use a wedge pillow for sleep apnea?
If you sleep on your side, you can set the pillow at an inclined position. Doing so will provide great support to the neck and shoulders, and thus allows your body to be in a neutral position.
Why does my standard pillow not work well with the CPAP machine?
Standard pillows dislodge the face masks, which may create openings around the seal of the mask, thus resulting in air leaks.
How do I know that my condition is improving when using this pillow?
You will begin to feel relief when you sleep due to the opening of the airways. Therefore, your breathing will be close to normal with time.
Remarks on the Best Pillows for Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea can affect you negatively. In particular, it can cause insomnia, which may also cause psychological stress that can negatively influence your input in everything you do. Apnea pillows have thus been designed to treat sleep apnea symptoms and have shown to be effective.
However, not just any apnea pillow will get the job done perfectly. There are different designs from various manufacturers, and each targets a specific user. You should, therefore, take your time to make a proper selection of pillows to choose one that is appropriate for your disorder. This way, you will have success with a sleep apnea pillow. These products are affordable, and the advantages can be experienced as soon as one starts using them. Put an end to the sleepless nights today by getting yourself one of these pillows. What other brands have you used? Did you find them effective? What were their benefits?
I am a certified therapist. The area of my study includes sleep medicine as well. I’ve chosen this field of research not by chance. For years I’ve suffered from insomnia, and have been trying various medicines, including sleeping techniques, natural remedies, and even hypnosis. According to my observations, the quality of sleep depends on numerous external and internal factors that may seem irrelevant at first sight.
Last update on 2020-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API