Best Pregnancy Pillow for Shoulder Pain: Choose a Perfect Snuggle Buddy
During pregnancy, a female body experiences more stress. The musculoskeletal system, internal organs, circulatory and nervous systems go through discomfort, and therefore, the woman feels anxious. Common problems for this period also include back and leg pains, swelling, cramps, sleep issues, etc. The habits and lifestyle of a woman change radically, and, to cope with these temporary difficulties, a preggie has to relax more. To comfort muscles and deal with sleeping problems, there are special pregnancy pillows. To choose the best pregnancy pillow for shoulder pain, you need to know the features and purpose of each of them. So, use this guide to learn about pregnancy pillows and how to choose a proper one.
Top 7 Best Pregnancy Pillow for Shoulder Pain Options
The market offers a huge variety of orthopedic pillows for shoulder pain. To choose the best one, check these reviews, and find deals that can be helpful.
1. NiDream Bedding Pregnancy Pillow – Best Body Pillow for Shoulder Pain
The NiDream bedding pregnancy pillow is a large and comfortable option that can be used during pregnancy. Using such a pillow, the expectant mother can be free during sleep and take the most enjoyable pose. The pillow provides support for the body on both sides, and even sleeping on the back becomes much more comfortable. The main convenience of the NiDream pillow is that, when turning over in a dream, you do not need to shift it with you; the model itself surrounds you with its ‘arms’. Also, another important point is that the pillow helps to take any comfortable position while resting during the day.
The main advantage of a pillow is its size. You can put one edge of the pillow under your back and place the other between your knees. For more comfort, weave your legs around the pillow to relieve tension from the inside of your knees and thighs. In this case, the stomach, regardless of its size, has a very comfortable position too. As you can see, this option is a perfect pregnancy pillow for side sleepers with shoulder pain. The effect of using the NiDream pillow is remarkable. It is multifunctional; it will be useful in the future as support for the baby’s head during feeding.
- Suitable For Everyone - The uniquely design followed shape of human body which with oversized U-shaped and long enough for you to stretch out and support both sides of your body.It is not only for pregnant mothers but it is also comfortable for everyone who is eager for a better night sleep;
- Many Useful Effects - Ideal for sciatica relieve leg swelling and back pain, reduce the oppression of the liver, hypertension syndrome and tossing and turning; As well as helps support head, back, belly, sides, knees, hip and feet;
- Multifunctional Usage - Our pregnancy body pillow is very suitable for back sleeper, side sleeper and stomach sleeper. Creates a relax & comfortable position for sleeping, reading, nursing, watching TV etc;
- Perfect for side sleepers;
- Multifunctional pillow;
- Extra soft and comfy.
- Might be a little bit pricey.
2. Meiz Full Body Pregnancy Pillow – Best Pillow for Pregnant Ladies
The Meiz company offers pillows for all expectant mothers that are looking for big and comfy bed equipment. A special U-shaped pillow will provide additional comfort while carrying your baby under your heart and after birth. You can use it for both sleeping and feeding your baby since the pillow is quite resistant to wearing out. The pillow supports the weight of the stomach and helps to reduce tension from the back and loin.
The pillow is designed especially for the period of pregnancy and will make this time of life as comfortable as possible. Sleeping with this pillow will become more restful, and your body will get more relaxation while maintaining its natural position. The Meiz Full Body pillow helps to have a good rest and makes mornings of a preggie truly magnificent. After birth, the pillow can be used as a baby mattress.
- Premium Filling Material - Filling: This extra soft, adjustable and odourless polyester fiber filling, provides comfort for side sleeping and retains fluffiness for better performance and longer use. Inner Cover: Flowered brushed fabric looks more elegant with your furniture. Outer Cover: This comfy body pillow cover with double zippers is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial and machine washable.
- No More Scratchiness With Sueriop Size - Meiz struggles to make every customer satisfied, therefore, using technology from Denmark, this body pillow is a 100% improvement on the last model. It was improved on the smoothness and extra-long size, according to customer suggestions. Zero uncomfortable when skin is close to this body pillows for pregnancy.360°total body support for a pain and sweet sleep.
- Body Pillow For Deeply Sleep - To alleviate your fatigue and improve mothers' sleeping quality throughout your pregnancy. Customers used this therapeutic pillow to effectively relieve their joint pain, leg swelling and back pain. Helps keep your hip and spine in a neutral position. Ideal for sciatica and it also prevent malposition, hypertension syndrome and relieves pressure on the liver. It is a great gift for expecting pregnant mothers.
- Large and very cozy pillow;
- Soft and hypoallergenic filling;
- Improves sleeping.
- No significant disadvantages found.
3. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow – Best Shoulder Pain Pillow with a Travel Bag
When searching for a pillow for pregnant women with or without a cover, first of all, you want to find a high-quality, comfortable, and beautiful product. At the same time, you want to spend a minimum amount of effort on getting it, receive your order as soon as possible, and, of course, get good quality for a pleasant price.
The PharMeDoc shoulder support pillow is an incredibly important attribute and an accompanying product necessary for a future mother. A comfortable, soft pillow for pregnant women supports the health in the prenatal period, helps new mothers with feeding, or when overcoming the post-partum consequences. The soft, springy, easy to transport pillow is very useful since it reduces the tension from the lower back and improves the quality of sleep. Moreover, this pillow comes with a storage bag, so it won’t take much place when you don’t need it anymore.
This sleeping and relaxation deal evenly supports the abdomen and back, providing the best effect and maximum comfort. The U-shape is perfect for those who often turn over during sleep and for other activities. For example, this pillow can be used for sitting and providing more comfort in the post-partum period. The filling of the pillow is machine-washable and hypoallergenic. The cover comes in different colors.
- Our U shaped body pillow helps support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head to help ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, and more.
- The pregnancy pillow features a detachable extension that can be used as its own full body pillow, or attached the main body pillow for additional back or belly support, making this an excellent pillow for pregnant women and just about anyone else!
- This maternity pillow measures 53" inches long, 31" inches wide, and 7" inches high, making this the ideal contoured support pillow for your back, belly, legs, and neck... all in one!
- Comes in a variety of colors;
- Super comfy and useful;
- Perfect for night snuggles during sleep.
- Might be a bit short.
4. NOVON BEDDING Full Body Pillow – Best Shoulder Support Pillow for Expectant Mothers
The period of pregnancy gives the expectant mother a lot of worries. One of the biggest discomforts is the constantly growing weight of the baby bump and dealing with it during sleep. As a result, the back muscles receive increased stress, leading to a constant feeling of fatigue and unpleasant senses, not only when walking, but also when in a sitting position. The Novon brand offers a wide range of products designed specifically for pregnant women. However, their original support pillows for preggies are among the most requested products for nursing.
A proper pregnant support pillow allows you to spend time comfortably and relieve your back while resting or sleeping. The L-shape of the Novon pillow is designed so that it can be placed from different sides, choosing the most comfortable position. The outer cover is made of 100% natural white cotton fabric, filled with hypoallergenic synthetic fiber. The pillow does not pick up moisture, does not fall off, and can be machine washed. After the baby is born, the pillow can be used to support the baby while breastfeeding.
- ✅ CONFORMS TO YOUR BODY- Whether you hug this pregnancy pillow for a secure feeling, tuck it between your knees, wrap your arms and legs around to relieve aches/pains, fold it to elevate tired/swollen foot, or position it against your belly to cushion your growing bump, this total body pillow aims to give the expectant mothers, women/men ultimate support and comfort for their head, neck, arms, legs, and back; relieving back pain, aches, and pressure on the hips, sciatica nerve & joints.
- ✅ FULLY ADJUSTABLE, CUSTOMIZE YOUR SLEEP- Our two-in-one pillow accommodates a standard pillow and a body pillow that contours to a side sleeper's legs, chest, arms, and head. Designed especially for pregnant mothers and side sleepers, it has also become an exceptional multi-use pillow for back/stomach sleepers. The zippered design allows you to access the fill so that you could add/remove to adjust the height, density, and firmness to fit your size, shape, and style for a proper sleep posture.
- ✅ YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY- The filling, cover, zippers, and sewing threads are tested for harmful substances and have earned the OEKO-TEX® certification for premier quality, confidence, and safety. NOMITE® accreditation, on the other hand, is an indication that people suffering from sensitivities or respiratory issues will finally experience a good night's sleep. No house dust, latex, or flame retardants here! Relax, drift off to a cozy slumber & wake up refreshed.
- Cozy and useful L-shape of the pillow;
- Natural cotton case;
- Bouncy and adjustable.
- The stuffing might separate if you hold the pillow between legs.
5. Avana Uno Adjustable Memory Foam Snuggle Pillow – Best Maternity Support Pillow
It is very important to protect the health of a mother and the baby, who is just getting ready for birth. That’s why doctors recommend using special pillows for rest and sleep. They help to relieve fatigue in the spine and hip area, eliminate swelling in the legs. The Avana Uno Adjustable memory foam pregnancy pillows have a multifunctional design for more comfort and convenience. This pillow maintains the blood circulation and supports the back of a pregnant woman. The comfortable J-shaped pillow weighs only 3 pounds and is made with high-quality polyester. It’s a machine-washable pillow that won’t deflate even after 10 washings due to the memory foam.
The edge of the pillow can be placed under the head, allowing the rest to pass under the tummy and between the legs. This position allows you to enjoy relaxation and not feel discomfort in any part of the body. To eliminate swelling and pain, place the pillow under the legs, using it as an elevation. This model is a very comfortable device for breastfeeding your baby too. It can be used as a side to protect the child from falling. The removable cover can be washed daily without shrinking. The hypoallergenic, breathable micro-bead filler allows the pillow to adapt to the person’s shape.
- SIDE SLEEPER SUPPORT - Plush memory foam pillow offers comfort and support for side-sleepers
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Curves around body to support head and align neck and shoulders while sleeping
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE - Inner liner can be unzipped to remove / adjust memory foam fill level as needed
- Memory foam;
- Can be used in different ways;
- Shrinking resistance.
- The price is a little over average.
6. Kingta Pregnancy Pillow U Shaped – Best Pregnancy Pillow for Side Sleepers with Shoulder Pain
The Kingta brand has gained its fame by creating quality products for babies and their mothers. One of the most popular product lines of the brand is pillows for pregnant women. These include original pillows of various configurations, designed to provide the expectant mother with maximum coziness and comfort. The high-quality materials for creating the pillow are made with hypoallergenic elements and the newest technologies. Moreover, the velvet cover of the pillow contributes to the amazing experience of using it. Due to its U-shape, the pillow can be used to support the tummy of a pregnant mother, as well as to relax the back muscles. After the birth of the baby, the pillow can continue to serve you as a baby supporting tool.
- 💓【Before you buy, please make sure to sell by kingta, only kingta is genuine.】【U SHAPE FULL BODY PREGNANCY PILLOW】- Our comfortable u shaped pregnancy pillow can replace up 4 other pillows to support your head and neck to your back, belly, knees, leg and foot. Conform to the contoured body shaped design brings amazing comfortable experience for sleep.
- 💓【RELIEVE PAIN AND SOLVE YOUR SLEEP PROBLEMS】- This maternity pillow u shape can help relieve pain of sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, back pain, farewell tossing and turning, prevents pressure on the liver, eliminates tossing and turning. Adjustable fill material to find the most comfortable sleeping position and enjoy every evening.
- 💓【ABSOLUTELY HEALTHY AND COMFORTABLE】- Outer cover: 100% velvet cover, removable and machine washable, more soft and breathable. It doesn't tickle the body. We upgrade the zipper of the outer and inner cover, larger and more convenient. Filler: 100% hypoallergenic polyester hollow fiber. And the body pillow will not lose its shape and longer service life. This pregnancy pillows u shaped measures 55" long, 27" wide, and 7.8" high.
- Velvet cover is extra soft and pleasant to touch;
- Relieves the tension from spine and supports the tummy;
- Made with high-quality synthetic fibers.
- Quickly goes off sale.
7. AngQi Body Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover – Best Pregnancy Pillow for Reducing Shoulder Pain
The AngQi maternity support pillow brand claims to use only high-quality materials that are safe for the health of an expectant mother and her baby. The period of pregnancy can bring many unpleasant surprises, but the impossibility of proper rest and a constant feeling of fatigue due to the growing stress on the spine and muscle corset is one of the most important among them.
Attempts to find a comfortable resting position without the ability to lie on your stomach lead to unnecessary worries and a waste of energy. To help the expectant mother, the designers of AngQi have released a series of special maternity pillows. The L-shaped super soft pillow with velvet cover provides support for both the back and the tummy at the same time. Just place it around the waist and sleep well. The filling of the pillow supports the most comfortable shape of the pillow for your convenience.
- UPDATED "L" DESIGN BODY PILLOW: AngQi 65" L-Shape pregnancy body pillow is specifically designed to alleviate aches & pains, helping you to sleep on your side; this body pillow can be positioned to support your back, preventing sciatica and lower back pain. It can also tuck between your knees to eliminate soreness and help with temperature control.
- RICH FILLING MATERIAL: The filling of the pregnancy pillow is high-grade 7D PP soft hollow fiber, high rebound, easy to adjust and no noise, offers comfort side sleeping. The breathable inner cover is delicate fabric, can be used for a long time and the outer case is 100% soft velvet which is easy removable and machine washable.
- GOOD SLEEP EVERY NIGHT: Super soft full body pillow ensures you a comfortable night of sleep throughout your pregnancy, providing total support for your head, your neck, shoulders, belly, hips, knees, feet and back all night, alleviating body aches and swelling of the legs, relieve stress and improve sleep. This L-shaped body pillow is ideal for side sleepers, as its shape and stability lend itself to this popular sleeping position.
- The ‘smart’ filling that helps to maintain the shape of the pillow;
- L-shape for comfortable sleep;
- Velvet case.
- No significant disadvantages.
Getting the Best Pregnancy Pillow for Shoulder Pain: Tips & Guides
Do you feel like managing a purchase? Don’t hurry! Instead, use the checklist for choosing a good body pillow for shoulder pain.
How to choose pregnancy pillow for shoulder pain: Ultimate checklist
Pillows for pregnant women come in different shapes and with variable fillers. Therefore, a choice of the pregnancy pillow can be a rough and tough task. The main criteria are the comfort of a sleeping position and support for certain areas of the body that experience the greatest inconvenience.
To understand and choose the right option, there’s a step-by-step guide for your convenience.
Step 1: Choose a shape
Such a pillow “hugs” you gently from all sides, relieving stress from the abdomen and joints of the legs in front and the back of the lower back;
This model differs from the previous one in that there is no additional support under the back. But you can also put your head, stomach, and legs on it — either by placing a pillow under your knees and stretching them straight or by bending your knees and laying them along the bend of the pillow;
It’s very similar to the C-shaped pillow with the only difference that it has a cushion under the lower back;
Pillows of this type have a bolster under the head and a long straight part to support the abdomen and legs;
A significant advantage of this pillow type is that it can be placed under the belly and comfortably laid with your legs while laying your head on your usual sleeping pillow.
After that, figure out which filler is the most comfortable for you.
Step 2: Pillow fillers
Down and feather
Feather and down is a natural filler that is traditionally used in the production of pillows and blankets. The products are voluminous but lightweight;
Natural, breathable plant material that does not accumulate moisture. Bamboo products have thermoregulatory properties, antimicrobial effect; therefore, they are safe for health. They are airy and soft, easy to care for. Bamboo pillows are machine washable and air dry;
Soft balls made of synthetic fibers, which keep their shape, do not retain bacteria and microorganisms. The main feature of the expanded polystyrene pillow is absolute convenience and comfort.
The filler is elastic and does not spring; therefore, it quickly accepts and maintains body curves. The material does not absorb moisture and does not retain odors. Products made of polystyrene foam are washed and dried by hand and have a long service life;
Elastic celliants are soft and voluminous, while they keep their shape, do not get confused, do not cause allergies, and have a neutral environment. The material repels water, odors, dirt, is machine washable, and dries quickly without losing the characteristics useful for the consumer. With proper care, it has a long service life.
How to use pregnancy pillow for shoulder pain
It is quite difficult for expectant mothers to choose the optimal sleeping position. During the pregnancy, the load on the veins of the lower extremities is enhanced due to the increasing blood flow, ligaments and muscles stretch, giving unpleasant feelings to the lower back and pelvic areas. And, at this time, doctors strongly forbid sleeping on the back and on the stomach. So, the only solution is to sleep on the side.
Special pillows for pregnant women are a real salvation for moms. Using it, the tension is removed from the back and lumbar areas, knee and hip joints, and the ligaments and muscles.
The Most Widespread Questions About Pillows
If you still have questions about maternity pillows, don’t rush to Google. Let me help you!
How to fold body pillow for shoulder pain?
In fact, you can fold the pillow any way you want. It should be comfortable and help to reduce tension.
Does pregnancy pillow for shoulder pain work?
Yes. Many moms-to-be claim that sleeping with a pregnancy pillow provides relaxation, and in the morning, they don’t feel any fatigue or muscle pain.
Why do I have pain in my shoulder after sleep?
Due to the baby bump weight, your body experiences some difficulties during sleep. Especially if you are a side sleeper, your shoulder gets more tension, and that’s why you wake up with shoulder pain.
Choosing the Best Shoulder Pain Pillow: Final Thoughts
Modern companies that produce maternity products offer a huge variety of pillows and other accessories for future moms and their babies. The main task is to be careful when choosing one and get the option that suits you best.
Let the pregnancy pillow be one of the first useful acquisitions for an expectant mother and the baby. If you wish, you can pick up several options at once, suitable for each specific case. As for me, I recommend getting a comfy and easy-to-store pillow that will deal with sleeping on side shoulder pain easily.
Have you already tried maternity pillows? Which brand is your favorite one? Use the commentary section to let me know!
Last update on 2021-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API