Best Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
Expecting the appearance of a new child is not the easiest thing to do for many reasons. You need a lot of energy to witness life developing inside you. This is why it is crucial to have the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers by your side.
With proper rest, you will restore your health and will be able to take care of both of you. Here I have gathered various products that I consider the best and always recommend my friends and clients. They are different by price, manufacturer, material, and even shape.
During this period of your life, the proper pregnancy tummy pillow will grant you comfort and rest. As a professional therapist who uses to deal with people who suffer from insomnia, I can assure you that healthy sleep may fix numerous problems, from neck pain to anxiety.
Sleeping on your back during the pregnancy may cause you more troubles than sleeping on your stomach, as it may create extra pressure on the uterus and veins around the spine.
The pregnant belly pillows are designed specifically for convenient sleep on the stomach, as well as in any other position. Take a look at each product on the list and find out which one suits you best.
- 1 Top 6 Best Pregnancy Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
- 1.1 Meiz Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover – Best U-Shaped Body Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- 1.2 PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover – California Designed Special Pillow for Pregnancy
- 1.3 AS Awesling Full Body Pillow – Extra Large Pregnancy Pillow with Hole and Belly Support
- 1.4 AngQi Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover – Ergonomic U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow Belly Sleeper
- 1.5 Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover – Adjustable Maternity Pillow Stomach Sleeper
- 1.6 Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow for Sleeping Prone – An Inflatable Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- 2 Everything You Wanted to Know About Pregnancy Pillows
- 3 The Pillow You Need
Top 6 Best Pregnancy Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
Here are my favorite 6 top pillows for sleeping during the pregnancy. While all of them are comfortable and popular among customers, you have to pick the one that suits you the most. Take a look at the pros and cons, description of each pillow, and a company that developed it. If you don’t trust my professional opinion, search for reviews of customers.
Meiz Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover – Best U-Shaped Body Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
It is a bestseller among sleeping pillows. Made in a human size, it supports the back and belly, while women are peacefully sleeping in a comfortable position. You can order this pillow in pale grey or blue colors. Jersey material is cool and soft to touch, while velour is pleasant to the skin. The combination of both provides you with extra comfort. The pillow is made in the U shape. According to developers, they increased the “legs” of the pillow due to the requests of pregnant women. Now this pillow can replace five simple pillows.
- Durable jersey and velour can handle up to 365 washes;
- Seams are stitched extra carefully, so they will not rip apart;
- You can choose 60 inches and 65 inches long versions of the pillow, depending on your height, besides 55 inches which I am describing here;
- The pillow is stuffed with 7D Polyethylene Hollow Fiber Filling, which is odorless, lightweight, and does not cause allergies;
- Dimension: 17 x 13.2 x 7.1 inches;
- Weight 8.73 pounds.
Depending on your demands on the perfect temperature, you can choose one of two covers. Pick the most suitable for you and change it whenever you want. There are double zippers on each side of the pillow for simplicity of use and cleaning.
Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover was created by Meiz, the developers of pregnancy pillows of the high-quality. This product can be arranged on a sofa, floor, or bed, as you change the shape of it up to your needs. Women who suffer from back pains, leg swellings, fibromyalgia, recovery from injury will find the pillow comfortable. It improves blood circulation.
- Durable and high-quality material;
- Lightweight pillow;
- Two different covers you can switch in;
- Affordable price;
- Odorless, breathable stuffing.
- You can’t easily pack it into a small box.
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover – California Designed Special Pillow for Pregnancy
This pillow by PharMeDoc is a C shaped and can easily handle the whole body pressure. It is offered in grey, green, pink, and light blue colors
. The cover is 100 percent cotton, which is organic and breathable material. If you want to change the cover, the company developer offers various replacements.
However, the original cover is durable. You can wash it as many times as you need without losing its features. The C-shaped design of the pillow supports your stomach, back, knees, head, and neck. You don’t have to use dozens of pillows to find the best position for sleeping or reading a book in a bed.
- Soft and pleasant material inside and outside. Polyfill inside is weightless and can be shaped differently. Cotton cover is smooth and natural;
- There are double-stitch seams for better durability. You will not rip up the cover so easily;
- The pillow weighs 7.05 pounds;
- This pillow can be laid on the bed, sofa, or even the floor;
- The dimension of Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover: 61.8 x 29.1 x 5.9 inches.
The pillow is stuffed with polyfill material, which can be adjustable to the shape of your body. Depending on your current activity, you may switch positions so it will be more comfortable.
This pillow was originally created for women who suffer from back pains and insomnia during pregnancy. It brings relief to the whole body. However, the pillow suits women who are not pregnant but recover from surgery, can’t sleep at night and suffer from chronic pains.
I have heard several positive reviews from clients who suffered from back pains caused by herniated disks. They use the pillows for better comfort and relief during the sleep. PharMeDoc is a Californian based developer of organic pillows and pillows for pregnant women.
- Comfortable shape;
- For different height;
- Pleasant to skin cotton;
- The shape is changeable;
- Affordable price.
- One-color of the cover in the original pack.
AS Awesling Full Body Pillow – Extra Large Pregnancy Pillow with Hole and Belly Support
The 60 in Full Body Pillow by AS Awesling provides comfort sleeping during the whole pregnancy period with an extra pillow to support the belly. This pillow looks unique among pregnancy pillows. The pillow can be used during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimesters. All you need is to change the shape of the cushion slightly. It is adjustable to the body and height.
The pillow offers you to change positions during your sleep as much as you want. You can remove some parts of it, in case you need more space. You can cradle yourself inside the pillow, using an additional small pillow inside. This small pillow has a 45-degree angle and is perfect for the growing bump with a baby inside. While you are using it, you lessen the pressure on your back and legs.
- This pillow is extra-large, which allows tall people to sleep comfortably. It is 60 inches long and 30 inches wide. The width around the neck is 7.5 inches;
- The cover is zipped, washable, and soft for the skin. It is hypoallergenic, made from velvet and is odorless;
- Filling with the 60 in Full Body Pillow is 7D PP Cotton, weightless and pleasant to touch;
- Ergonomic 45-degree angle pillow can be removed and detached depending on your preferences;
- There are special places for your arms, with a thinner layer of cotton;
- You can change the shape of the pillow if you want to read, watch TV, or eat there.
Although AS Awesling creates pillows for pregnant women, their products are on demand among different customers. They are used by not pregnant women, men, elderly people, and children who love the comfortable feeling of being completely embraced by the cushion that relieves the back pain, lessen the pain in legs, and different groups of muscles.
There is also a recommendation to use the pillow after the surgery. I recommend using it if you have problems with your knees as well.
- Extra cushion for the belly;
- Comfortable design;
- High-quality materials.
- More expensive than similar products on the market.
AngQi Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover – Ergonomic U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow Belly Sleeper
Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover by AngQi is the best selling product for pregnant women. It is offered in a grey color. According to developers, one pillow replaces five ordinary sleeping ones. You get the support of your belly, stomach, legs, hips, spine, and head with the neck.
So if you suffer from headaches because of the wrong position of your neck during the sleep, you may want to try this pillow. There is soft cotton filling inside the pillow, which makes it easy to carry around and reshape it up to your needs. The cover is made from jersey material, it is washable and breathable.
Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover Features:
- The cover of the pillow is made of knit Jersey of 55 inches;
- Dimensions of the pillow: 55 x 31 x 7.8 inches;
- The pillow can be transformed into the sleeping place or comfortable chair or sofa;
- It weighs only 6.99 pounds;
- The cover is washable of over than 300 times;
- If you need to take out the stuffing or add some, all you need is to use zipper;
- It can be placed on the bed or on the floor.
No matter whether you are a back sleeper or stomach sleeper, the pillow will grant you comfort during the night. This is a perfect pregnancy pillow to lay on the stomach with soft boundaries that will cut the pressure on the spine.
If you want to watch TV, read a book, eat your breakfast in bed, you can easily do it by repositioning the pillow so it would look like a chair.
The pillow can become a nice gift to everyone who suffers from insomnia, chronic pains, recovers from surgeries, can’t relax muscles during the night, apart from pregnant women. AngQi is a top seller of pregnancy cushions. They offer a 60-day warranty with a total refund.
- Comfortable for any height;
- Affordable price;
- The pillow is in grey color only.
Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover – Adjustable Maternity Pillow Stomach Sleeper
The Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover by Queen Rose has a unique and comfortable Bionic Polyethylene filling inside. The filling is odorless and does not cause any allergies. Even after several years of use, the filling still keeps the original fluffiness. The “legs” of the pillow are long enough to provide comfort to women or men of any height.
This pillow is used for people who are currently recovering from surgeries on back or knees, as they minimize the pressure on the muscles. It can be used during breastfeeding and nursing l. People who suffer from sciatica and fibromyalgia may try this pillow as well. However, I also recommend consulting with your therapist first.
Features of Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover:
- Dimensions: 24.2 x 17.4 x 5 inches;
- It weighs 7.44 pounds;
- The cover and filling are soft, do not cause allergies, and odorless;
- The cover is washable;
- The pillow can be easily packed and transferred.
Queen Rose is the company that sells pregnancy pillows of high-quality material. They provide the warranty and offer a quick connection with their team. This pillow is flexible and can be used instead of five pillows. You don’t have to constantly lay inside the pillow.
You can create some kind of a couch, so you can watch TV and eat while sitting in the most comfortable position for you. There are 55 inches and 65 inches models in case you need an extra-large pillow. There is a 7 inches standard place for your neck inside the cushion.
- High-quality material;
- Hypoallergenic filling material;
- Comfortable size;
- Can be easily transported;
- More expensive than similar pillows on the market.
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow for Sleeping Prone – An Inflatable Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
The Pregnancy Pillow for Sleeping Prone from Cozy Bump offers the perfect way to relax during the 3rd trimester. There is a hole inside the comfortable pillow that looks more like a mattress. Besides being a good pillow for stomach sleepers, this item also brings relief from back pains and leg swelling. The cover of the pillow is made of breathable soft to touch cotton. This pillow allows you to raise hips and lower the legs while lying on the stomach, helping to move the baby in the optimal position. It makes the labor less painful. Lungs in this position take more air and extend properly.
- Weighs only 4.19 pounds;
- It can be inflated in several minutes, and deflated even faster, so you may carry it around;
- Dimensions: 12 x 10 x 3 inches;
- The weight limit is 300 pounds.
The plain upper part of this product allows you to add the pillow if you need it. You can choose the different colors of the pillow. There is a hole for the belly, so you will feel weightless while lying on your stomach. Another hole is for the chest.
This pillow can be easily deflated and inflated. There is a large valve, so you will not spend all your time getting the pillow ready for you. The hole for the belly is adjustable so it can suit your current size. Pregnancy Pillow for Sleeping Prone was created by the Cozy Bump company that created a product for pregnant women. You may find everything you need during pregnancy there.
- Savvy offer;
- Comfortable position for 3rd trimester;
- Brings the relief from pain.
- You have to inflate it.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Pregnancy Pillows
Before I tell you about pregnancy pillows’ features, let me underline the fact that these pillows can be used for multiple occasions. While the main purpose of pillows for pregnant stomach sleepers is to provide comfort during the sleep while you are expecting, these products can be used for both women and men, elderly people, and children if they have problems with the spine, legs, knees, neck, headaches, insomnia.
These pillows are widely used during the recovery process after the surgery. All the items on the list can be bought by anyone who wants to sleep more comfortably.
Can you lay on your stomach when pregnant?
Your bump will grow only in the second trimester. Until that time, you can easily sleep on your stomach. However, during the 2nd trimester, it will be uncomfortable for you to sleep on your stomach.
This is when you can use a top-rated pregnancy pillow, which will help you to support the bump, place it naturally inside the product. Sleeping on the stomach during the pregnancy may lessen the pressure on your spine, legs, and whole body. It will open your lungs to let you breathe deeper.
How to lay on pregnancy pillow?
It depends on the design of the pillow you’ve chosen. There are C-shaped and U-shaped pillows, pillows that have a hole in the middle so you can place your bump inside, and pillows with an extra small angled cushion. I have mentioned them all above. Read my description of these products, find out which one is more suitable for you. Depending on its shape, you can choose the most comfortable position for you. All of the items mentioned on the list can be slightly reshaped up to your needs:
- Full-length pillow. This is like a cushion for the whole body. You may hug it, and lay the pressure of your belly on this pillow. Normally, full-length pillows do not provide significant help for the back, until they are shaped in a specific form or contain a hole for the belly;
- C-shaped pillow. It supports your legs, belly, head, and back. Place the head on top of the C letter, your spine in its curve, and press the end of the letter with your ankles;
- U-shaped pillow. The pillow offers comfortable sleeping on the back even for women during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. It supports the whole body, evenly spreading the pressure. Use it similar to a C-shaped pillow. Rest the head inside the U letter. Wrap the legs around one of the sides.
How to use a pregnancy wedge pillow?
You can use different approaches here:
- Under the belly. Put the pillow’s lower side under the bump, so you can reduce the pressure from your spine;
- Under the head. The lower side of the wedge pillow must be under the neck. You will feel that the headache is slowly going down;
- Put it behind the back. If you want to sit in the bed, you can always put the wedge pillow behind you for back support. This position is also beneficial when you are feeding a newborn baby.
Warning! You have to remember the size of the wedge pillow. While your belly is growing, the height of the wedge pillow has to be decreasing.
When to start using a pregnancy pillow?
There is no fixed period of time when you can start using this pillow. As I’ve told you before, you may use these pillows even not being pregnant but suffer from insomnia. As for the pregnancy period, you may buy it beforehand, but use it when you begin to feel uncomfortable during sleep.
If you have problems with changing positions during the night, back pains, swollen legs, you may consider using a sleeping pillow. You may also wait for somewhere near the 20 weeks of pregnancy when your belly will grow bigger. A growing bump can cause pain in the ligaments, and you may want to decrease the pressure on your body.
How to choose a pillow?
Before you buy the pillow, think about all its features. Don’t rush. Check out the next points before ordering the product:
- Make sure that the pillow is washable and durable. The stitches must be reliable;
- Filling in the pillow must be of a high-quality, hypoallergenic, odorless, and soft;
- Measure your height and see whether the pillow matches it and whether it is compatible with your bed;
- The cover must be 100 percent natural;
- The company-developer must be trustable;
- The price has to be affordable.
The Pillow You Need
To pick the proper pillow is not the easiest thing to do. You have to consider all your options. And since there are multiple choices, it may take some time to come to a decision. However, I advise you not to get anxious as all the pillows on the list are of high quality, and considered to be bestsellers on the market.
I have tried to cut down the long list of up to 6 products, which I believe are the most trustable and beneficial. There are different shapes, covers, and fillings. If you already have a sleeping pillow for pregnant women, share your impressions in the comments section below!
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API